Thursday, June 3, 2010

{Kali Leenstra Photography Workshop: Alisha & Matt}

So, I am diving in with a photography blog.  I still consider photography a hobby for me.  And I definitely felt like a hobbyist when I attended Kali Leenstra's photography workshop last weekend.  I have been admiring Kali's work since she took the gorgeous photos of my sister's family last year.   She is so willing to share, teach, and help....I {love} her!  She is amazing at what she does, a true artist.  And then as an added bonus, I was able to watch several other photographers at the workshop unfold their magic.  So fun to see everyone in action and admire (and be green with envy over) their incredible equipment.  Even though Kali and the other photographers have loads and loads more experience than me, they were all so wonderful, encouraging and helpful to me!  And they have given me more blogs to admire, follow, and learn from. Thank you thank you thank you everyone! 

I don't think I will ever turn into a 'pay-me-I-am-a-professional-photographer' , but it is fun to learn and grow in this hobby I have grown to love over the past couple years.  And hopefully increase my ability to be able to capture and preserve those moments in time with my kidlets, family, and friends I want to remember forever. 

Kali arranged for this darling couple: Alisha & Matt to model for us as we shot on location in Seattle (seriously, how cute are they??!).  
And I want that red dress. 
And those yellow shoes.  
It made me realize how much fun photography can be when you have willing subjects...i.e. a lot different than taking pictures of my crazy kidlets. 

Kali helped us in photoshop and post processing for the last half of the workshop...another area where I have much to learn. 

So here goes.  Enjoy.




5 comments:

Kali Leenstra June 4, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

Rochelle, you are so nice. I'm so glad you learned a lot at the workshop. Your pictures are gorgeous. I love the one of just their feet, the one of her looking up at him and the last one. I think with pictures like these photography might be more than just a hobby.

Reese June 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Okay...you cease to amaze me. I honestly am thinking you must never sleep. They are great! Maybe we will hire you this fall...:)

Matt June 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

I have to agree with Kali. Love these shots. And the girl in the picture is smokin' hot!

Onjali P. June 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Those are great! that's fun you got to take a workshop. I totally understand what you are talking about. The more I learn about the photography the more I realize how much I don't know, but at the same time it drives me to want to learn more.

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

Rochelle, these are great! I love all of them and your blog is Rockin'...

It was great meeting you!

{About This Blog}

I bought my first DSLR camera 3 years ago when I just wanted to be able to take better pictures of my kidlets. About 1 year ago I learned how to use it. It was an 'aha' moment when I discovered how shutter speed, ISO, and aperture all work together! I consider myself a hobbyist photographer. A total amateur with much to learn. I didn't want to bombard my family blog with random photography photos....so I'll post them here instead. Please email me and ask permission before using any text or images from this blog. Thank you.